BIOGRAPHY OF COMMANDANT
1. Brigadier General Prem Dhoj Adhikari, an alumnus of the Nepali Military Academy, Khukuri holder of Serial No 27 Officer Cadet Basic, was commissioned in the Singhanath Battalion on 26th Oct 1989. A graduate of Command and General Staff College, both from Nepal (Army Command & Staff College) and Canada (Canadian Land Force Command and Staff College), and an alumnus of National Defense College, New Delhi. Brig Gen Prem Dhoj Adhikari holds a Master’s Degree in Political Science and M. Phil in Strategic Studies. He is also a fellow of The University of York, United Kingdom for the Conflict Resolution Program.
2. During his meritorious career, he has undertaken several professional courses at home and abroad. Besides career courses, he has undergone Para Basic Course (Nepal), Group Testing Officers Training (Pakistan), Infantry Young Officer's Course (India), Junior Command Course (India), Peace Support Operation Instructor Course (Malaysia) and Intelligence Support to Combating Terrorism and Comprehensive Crisis Management Course (USA).
3. Brig Gen has held various Staff, Command and Instructional appointments. In the succession of staff appointments; he served as Adjutant of an infantry battalion; Brigade Major, GSO3 (Operations) and GSO2 (Intelligence) in an Infantry Brigade and GSO (Plans) at DPKO and MS Branch at AHQ. As a colonel, he served as a protocol officer to the Chief of the Army Staff and later was appointed as the Deputy Military Secretary in Military Secretary Branch, Army Headquarters. He also served as Military Assistance to current Chief of the Army Staff last year. His commands include an Independent Infantry Company, the Infantry Battalion (Commando) and an Infantry Brigade. Brig Gen Adhikari has the unique privilege to successfully lead his troops during the counter insurgency operations in the volatile region of western Nepal and Kathmandu valley. Besides, he also earns a reputation of an exemplary instructor, which is reflected by his assignments as Chief Instructor in Nepali Army War College and as a Directing Staff at Nepali Army Command and Staff College. He also served as the commandant of Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School.
4. He has a tremendous working experience in the international platform which especially includes his various tenures in the United Nations. He served as Platoon commander in UNIFIL (1993), Military Observer in MONUC (2004-2005) and commanded a light Infantry Battalion in MINUSTAH (2011). He also served as a military advisor in UNSOM (2015-2016).
5. He is the receipt of numerous military awards including, the prestigious SUPRAWAL GORKHA DAKSHIN BAHU and SUPRAWAL JANASEWA SHREE.
6. Brig Gen Adhikari is married to Mrs Tulashi Adhikari and the couple is blessed with a daughter, Prerana and a son, Abhijay. He is an avid tennis player and enjoys reading books.
7. Currently, he is serving as the commandant of Nepali Military Academy.